> Sure, but warnings are useless.  Some people -- us -- might follow them.
>   Most have been trained for so long to click through them that they no
> longer read them.  Click-thru syndrome is a sad result of unreliable
> systems:  if the False Negatives (wrong warnings) are too frequent, and
> True Negatives (correct warnings) are too infrequent, then it simply
> doesn't work [0] as people learn to click-thru without further examination.

I meant that the website dev knows about the warnings so who should he
blame but himself, though changing that warning to give the dev a kick
before breaking his site might have been good though I guess these
devs probably wouldn't notice anyway.

> > Heck Xombrero has taken the spot from firefox as my favourite browser
> > today and I hate to think how much energy would be saved if everyone
> > could or was using it (brill but not the easiest to use at first but
> > the easiest once mastered or if you use vi and doesn't run on Windows).
> >
> > There is no need for mixed content and why would you use plain text and
> > ssl at the same time, a user only makes one request at a time and web
> > pages are tiny. Really a site should only come from one domain too.
>

> Huh?  Have you seen a modern website lately?  It's chock full of all
> sorts of modern stuff ... The average site signs up for 10 or so
> services all spamming your privacy data across like so much confetti.
>
> We live in the world of the possible, not the idealised world.  And by
> "we" I mean, the billion or so web users as well as the relatively tiny
> geek/developer quorum that produces the browser for the users.

It's that term again 'modern'; the term that brings crap to all
desktops, especially linux ones ;-).

Yeah and I select the main domains javascript to enable (actually
easier once matsered and do=able in xombrero by default) and note that I
should find a more respectable site like techrepublic which I now
rarely look at.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)