> I agree that deploying token-based security mechanisms may take time in many
> countries; so interim security mechanisms are desirable.

True but SSL should be secure too. Not just SSL from banks.

I don't know the details of J-Pake etc., but if it could verify a
fingerprint to a domain the user has chosen to communicate with (even
better without a CA - self signed) then that may be a real step forward
as DNSSEC isn't even close to being as secure or as reliable as it
should or would need to be.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)