On 10/22/12 6:58 AM, Brendan Eich wrote:
Is adoptNode an important API?

Define important?

Not implementing adoption breaks the web. That includes both explicit adoption via adoptNode and implicit adoption via simply inserting the node into a different document. Both pose identical problems for our design, so I wasn't bothering to draw a distinction between them.

Perhaps it's ok for performance to be in a penalty box for adoptNode.

Yes. There already is in Gecko, btw: we have to go through and brain-transplant everything in the subtree and whatnot.

-Boris