On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 6:51 PM, Luke Wagner <l...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> The JS jit will be a major hole in this software isolation scheme, even if
> SpiderMonkey is rewritten in Rust.  Furthermore, it doesn't seem like we
> can fix this by putting the JS engine in its own process for all the
> performance reasons mentioned earlier in this thread.

Sure, the JS JIT will have to be part of the TCB for now. Eventually I can
imagine writing the JIT in Rust and using some kind of certified
compilation to guard against compiler bugs. For now, just get it right :-).

Rob
--
Wrfhf pnyyrq gurz gbtrgure naq fnvq, “Lbh xabj gung gur ehyref bs gur
Tragvyrf ybeq vg bire gurz, naq gurve uvtu bssvpvnyf rkrepvfr nhgubevgl