>    - pcwalton: if we can offer things like getComputedStyleAsync, that
>    could be a bigger win for authors using them.
>    - jack: that doesn't help us now.

Apart from what jack said, getComputedStyleAsync might be unusable for a
lot of Web authors.

Personally I agree with the conclusion to set COW DOM aside. It sounds
hard, risky, and not absolutely necessary.

pcwalton:in gecko we know that hybrid gc+rc is very difficult, and blink is
> similar. CC is still a performance and memory and safety problem.

Difficult, definitely. Performance problem ... now that we have incremental
CC and bunch of other optimizations, I feel like it isn't. At least
compared to any other viable GC approach, all of which have their own
performance pitfalls. Safety problem ... with adequate compiler support,
probably not. Proposed C++ reflection features might even be enough for us
in Gecko.

The general idea of compressing the DOM as you recalc style sounds pretty
good!

zwarich: JITting will give a huge benefit.

Are there experimental results showing this? Because I haven't seen any
yet, and I'd like to :-).

Rob
owohooo
oioso