On 7/8/14 1:23 PM, smaug wrote:
In general issues with GC handling are security bugs, but in CC they
lead to leaks.

This is not the case in Servo, though; we should be foolproof for both. I'm definitely not willing to compromise on memory safety. :)

Blink doesn't have a collector for refcounted stuff and they are trying
to add Oilpan to GC C++ stuff, but at least in the first phase
that will not fix the issues where they can't implement complicated APIs
where edges go from C++ to JS and back.
Implementing such APIs in Gecko is no issue.

I don't think that's a problem in our scheme in Servo either.

Patrick