Nelson B Bolyard wrote:
> Kyle Hamilton wrote:
>
>>(I /hate/ that I have to click 'reply all' to reply to the original
>>poster /and/ the list.)
>
> What would you propose instead?
> Having a Reply-To: header in each message that replies to the alias?
> or ?

The particular MailMan list management software we're using gives me
rather few choices in the way of message header munging.  I can

1. Insert a prefix in the subject line, e.g.
   Subject: [dev-tech-crypto] Re: list replies?

2. Replace the email address(es) in From: Sender: and Reply-To: headers
   with the address of the list itself, anonymizing the messages.
   (seems undesirable).

3. Make these other Reply-To header choices:
   a) leave it alone (as the poster created it)  [now configured this way.]
   b) strip it out completely
   c) replace its contents with a constant string, e.g. with name of list.

If there is consensus that a change to these setting is desired, I'm willing.
Please discuss it in this list, not in private email to me.  Thanks.