Someone brought to my attention today that Go Daddy is now offering a "6-in-1" SSL certificate where they allow you to associate multiple domain names from different TLDs with a single certificate:

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/whatsnew/landing.asp?se=%2B&app%5Fhdr=&ci=4635#anchor76

(For example, you might have an SSL certificate specifying the domain names as "foo.com", "foo.net", "foo.org", and so on, up to six total.)

Based on my reading of RFC 2818 (in particular section 3.1) and what I think is the relevant source code (in the NSS function cert_VerifySubjectAltName) it appears that such certificates should work fine in Firefox and other Mozilla-based products, assuming that the names are stored in the certificate using SubjectAltName as opposed to CN. Am I correct in this supposition?

Frank

--
Frank Hecker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]