Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) wrote:
> Nelson Bolyard wrote:
>>
>> Does serf use "modSSL"?  If so, there is a "modNSS" that causes Apache to
>> use NSS instead of OpenSSL.  That might be an easy change for you.
>>

> Nelson, what about the env variables as in
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_ssl.html
> Does mod_nss support the same naming convention? And is
> NSSEnforceValidCerts equal to SSLVerifyDepth (with correct depth)?

Yes, mod_nss supports the same environment variables as mod_ssl.
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mod_nss

Normally mod_nss will not let you start Apache with a bad certificate
(expired, not a server cert, etc). NSSEnforceValidCerts lets you
override that.

There is no equivalent for SSLVerifyDepth. My understanding of how
intermediate CAs are evaluated in NSS is admittedly sketchy but I
believe it requires all of them to be installed and trusted.

rob