Rob Crittenden wrote:
> Yes, mod_nss supports the same environment variables as mod_ssl.
> http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mod_nss

I couldn't figure (explicit) from that page that this is the case....
> Normally mod_nss will not let you start Apache with a bad certificate
> (expired, not a server cert, etc). NSSEnforceValidCerts lets you
> override that.

OK
> There is no equivalent for SSLVerifyDepth. My understanding of how
> intermediate CAs are evaluated in NSS is admittedly sketchy but I
> believe it requires all of them to be installed and trusted.

That seems to be the most likely explanation - knowing NSS. In client
auth however the client mustn't send the full chain (not sure about
that?) and the (intermediate) issuer doesn't have to be necessary the
same as the one on the server...
How can I limit authentication to accept only one specific CA and
otherwise fail? I expect here to run into the issue of Mozilla browser
selecting the most convenient client certificate by its own by default....
> rob
Since mod_nss is conveniently included in Red Hat / StartCom Enterprise,
I'll give it a shot on a test server...

Signer:         Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>
Jabber:         [EMAIL PROTECTED] <xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Blog:   Join the Revolution! <http://blog.startcom.org>
Phone:          +1.213.341.0390