Frank Hecker wrote:
> The proposal for EV testing, as I understand it, is to add the CA
> certificate for PCA3 G5 to the NSS root list, and to mark it with the
> associated EV metadata. Then when the Firefox 3 beta releases encounter
> a certificate issued from either of the two VeriSign EV subordinate CAs,
> the chain processing will stop at PCA G5 (instead of continuing on to
> PCA G1). The EV metadata stored for PCA G5 will then cause NSS and PSM
> to treat the end-entity cert in question as an EV cert, and Firefox will
> present the EV UI.
>
> Note that I think that at least some other CAs are planning to take a
> similar approach to incorporating EV certs into their hierarchy, i.e.,
> introducing a new EV "root" signed by an existing root. My understanding
> is that the certificate path processing in these cases can get tricky
> because there two valid paths (up to the existing root and up to the new
> EV "root"); hence the need to get some good testing of these scenarios
> well before Firefox 3 final release
Yes, this would be the technical question which I mentioned earlier. In
this scenario, is it a requirement to have the (EV anabled) CA
certificate in NSS or are there other indicators which could make NSS
aware of it?

Signer:         Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>
Jabber:         [EMAIL PROTECTED] <xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Blog:   Join the Revolution! <http://blog.startcom.org>
Phone:          +1.213.341.0390