Frank Hecker wrote:
> Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) wrote:
>
>> Check out this page:
>> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/certs/included/
>> It seems there are some CAs which would issue from an EV enabled root.
>>

> Yes, those are CAs that indicated to Gerv that they would be issuing EV
> certs. I haven't yet checked these to confirm that the roots in question
> actually have associated EV policy OIDs and are otherwise ready for EV
> treatment from a technical standpoint (leaving the policy issues aside
> for now).
>
> Note that my goal here is *not* to bump VeriSign to the front of the
> line and show them favoritism. My goal is simply to help the NSS team
> out with their testing efforts, for a particular EV-related scenario
> that needs good testing. I would be glad to entertain requests from
> other CAs that want EV treatment for their certs as well, and will do my
> best to process those requests in a timely manner.
Since the issue concerning new versus already included root is solved,
there are no objections from me or anybody else I guess. I still own you
an answer concerning the policy update and intend to this soon.

Signer:         Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>
Jabber:         [EMAIL PROTECTED] <xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Blog:   Join the Revolution! <http://blog.startcom.org>
Phone:          +1.213.341.0390