On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 5:14 PM, Kyle Hamilton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm pretty sure there are some things that can be done to put a TCP
> socket into a state that's inappropriate for O_NONBLOCK mode, but I
> can't think of any off the top of my head.  Is there a reference
> somewhere that lists the kinds of things that a programmer needs to
> avoid?  If there is, could the documentation page link to it, or
> import it?

I haven't written such a reference.  I don't know anything that
can be done to put a TCP socket into a state that's inappropriate
for O_NONBLOCK off the top of my head either.

Rather than listing the kinds of things that a programmer needs
to avoid, perhaps we can require the caller to return the native
socket to the pristine "mode" it was created in by the socket()
system call?  This could be overly restrictive because some
"modes", such as the close-on-exec flag, won't interfere with
the O_NONBLOCK mode.

Wan-Teh