On 11/30/2008 01:47 PM, Ian G:
Eddy Nigg wrote:

(I'm certain that CAs like Godaddy do that routinely) [*].

[*] I'm certain that there are some on this list which can confirm
that statement from personal experience.

I use Godaddy for some domains. I don't think they have ever sent me an
email except for the purpose of notifying of a need to renew. However,
that email and their website is so full of stuff that they are rather
hard to decipher and navigate.

Hehe, btw. I meant it also the other way around, that there are some on this list which can confirm that they never received any mail not relevant to the service they received - not from us nor from any other party (hint: we don't sell subscriber information as Kyle suggested).

Signer: Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd.
Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Blog:   https://blog.startcom.org