<snip>
Eddy Nigg wrote:
>> So, My advice is: just say no.  Don't take on the burden of adding a
>> new root CA cert every year when there is no good need.   Please consider
>> this an objection to including those roots in the root CA list.

>As indicated earlier, I think it unreasonable as well. And this is
>really unfortunate, since it could have done a lot of good for S/MIME,
>specially when considering the high usage/market share of Mozilla
>products in Germany and the chance to have some 40 million potential
>users encrypting mail.

Although Swedish authorities have done a lot of strange things in PKI,
I am happy that their broken scheme doesn't allow verification by
clients [*], since that could have caused major help-desk issues if people
believed that encrypted mail actually is a working application :-)

Anders

*] Root is secret and OCSP calls require a contract + requester certificate