I've already stated my preference.

To reiterate:

Actually, I think it's very important that the accounting include this:

for each name (not just certificate, but name in
subjectAlternativeNames) that has been certified, a connection to the
TLS ports should be made, and the certificate presented by the site
compared against the certificate that Comodo issued.  This obviously
won't be a complete verification, but it should give a start to see
how widespread the problem is.

A script to do this could probably be written fairly easily, but
depending on the number of certificates Comodo has issued that are
currently valid (and I'd like to see some hard numbers on that, as
well) it could take a while to run.

From the script, the numbers I'd like to see are: the number of
unreachable/not-answering names/hosts, the number of matching
certificates, and the number of mismatched certificates.  From that
output plus Comodo's records, I would also like to see how many
resellers there are and how many of them have sold mismatched
certificates.

(The 'resellers' I refer to here are 'contracted registration
authorities', not those who make money by funnelling users into
Comodo's pages.  I'd also like to know how Robin/Comodo performed the
audit on certificates for proper domain validation -- if they're
relying on the presence or absence of that check-box "I have verified
the domain control in accordance with...", I think the entire audit is
useless and that they should be removed from the root store out of
spite -- for making a mockery of the entire process.)

I do think that Comodo should be required to suspend their
Registration Authority processing until they in-source their
domain-control verification as a condition of staying in Mozilla's
trust list.  I also have not heard word 1 about if they use
registration authorites for higher-assurance certificates.

-Kyle H