On 12/25/2008 08:16 PM, Michael Ströder:
The question is, what else do what want Comodo to do in this case?

What really strikes me is that this case was only
detected by Eddy because of Certstar's spam e-mails.

Even though I believe that Robin and his crew are really angry with me right now for disclosing it publicly, this was really the least price they could pay and best case scenario for this situation. None of the 109 other cert holders suspected that anything might be wrong. I'm certain that this would not have remained undetected for long and somebody could have brought some real damage upon all parties involved.

Speaking about Robin, I wouldn't want to be in his shoes right now - it's more or less one of the nightmares of a CA. On the other hand, if this is case (it would be for me) than I really anticipate and hope that some real changes are going to happen. Additionally, whatever actions are taken against Comodo and whatever lessons they learned, one thing is clear, that the company which spammed and mislead other CAs customers so shamelessly has nothing lost in this industry.

Signer: Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd.
Jabber: start...@startcom.org
Blog:   https://blog.startcom.org