On Dec 26, 2008, at 1:49 AM, Frank Hecker wrote:

Beyond that? It's somewhat of an open question.

Frank

Mozilla needs to have a concrete policy and procedures in place so that there is no question as to what the penalties would be for future actions of this kind.

I personally like John Nagle's proposal from earlier in this thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.tech.crypto/msg/9443ba781a669879

I think there are other actions that need to be taken beyond John Nagle's proposal, but it is a good start.

In addition to John Nagle's propsosal, I believe Mozilla needs to act early in 2009, and not let weeks or months go by without resolution. We can discuss the details of what happened and why endlessly to no benefit of our users.

Gen