Ian G wrote:
The policy says, we need published information, *eg* the CPS.

Not, "CPS must be published."

Yes, exactly. We typically use the CPS and/or CP because almost all CAs publish those documents; however there is no requirement that the information published by the CA be in the form of a CPS or CP.

Speaking personally, I think think that it is good practice for CAs to publish a CPS. If a CA has private information relating to detailed internal processes that it does not wish to make public, I suggest that it put such material in a separate "CA operations manual" that is internal-only.

Frank

--
Frank Hecker
hec...@mozillafoundation.org