Theoretically, x- types are only to be used until an official MIME
type assignment has been made.

Realistically, older clients don't have any idea what the new MIME
type assignment will be.

What do you get in the Accept: header for the requests for your CRLs?
(I'm actually curious, since I've never seen it.)

-Kyle H