On 02/26/2009 05:24 AM, David E. Ross:

In the case of secure browsing at authenticated Web sites, I want to be
conservative in what I accept.  If a CA is generating certificates that
do not comply with accepted RFCs, what else is that CA doing wrong?  In
other words, if a CA sends CRLs that are not binary DER, that should be
a red flag that the CA might not be trustworthy in other respects.

Or in other words - and lets put it a bit more mildly - they certainly never tested their CRLs, at least not with the software this group cares about.

But didn't Kyle say the CRLs are empty anyway (no revocations)? I couldn't find any records either. This doesn't sound quite right. More investigations needed here IMO. Review is due at the weekend...

Signer: Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd.
Jabber: start...@startcom.org
Blog:   https://blog.startcom.org