Thanks David.

For EC, if no curve name is given then the type of keysize is used to pick either P-256 or P-384 curve. I tried with and without curve name - it fails both cases. I also looked into the source code (.../security/manager/ssl/src/nsCrypto.cpp) of PSM for FF3. The support for EC seems to be enabled. There are no #ifdef for NS_ENABLE_ECC any more. I even tried with FF3.5beta - it still does not work. Actually, the key generation part works but the signing of the public key does not work. I have verified this through separate key generation and signing steps.
--
Subrata

David Stutzman wrote:
Subrata Mazumdar wrote:
On further testing and reading the description of generateCRMFRequest() method doc, I figured out why the key generation was failing.
I have to pass keySize as integer type not string type.

The key genartion now works for RSA and DSA key types but it still fails for EC key type.
Is  key generation for EC type is supported on Firefox 3.0.10?

EC keys need a curve (for instance the NIST P-256 or P-384 prime curves), not an integer keysize, so they probably need something different for that param. Unfortunately, I don't know anything specific about the generateCRMFRequest() method so I can't tell you exactly what you need to do. Depending on how the NSS for that firefox was compiled, it may or may not support ECC at all.

Dave
--
Subrata