On 2009-09-15 07:47 PDT, Andreev Konstantin wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I am currently in the process of adding support for GOST algorithms (RFC
> 4357,4490,4491) into the NSS.
>
> At this moment I implemented GOST hashing and GOST signature verification
> algorithms in the NSS. This works throughout the whole stack of mozilla
> code, from adding GOST X.509 certificate into the PSM GUI to the freebl
> backend.
>
> I'd like to contribute my work to Mozilla, and would like to communicate
> with one of the NSS project owners/developers for code review and
> guidelines.
>
> Best regards, -- Konstantin Andreev, software engineer.

Greetings, Konstantin Andreev,

You've come to the right place.  Perhaps you have already seen the thread
with one "nsk yatree" about this subject.

The NSS team will require a contribution whose level of completeness is
approximately the same as that of the Camellia patch.  Such a patch would
include all the following.

   implementation of the GOST code added to libfreebl.
   test program for libfreebl enhanced to test GOST.
   test script for freebl enhanced to test GOST.
   implementation of the new PKCS#11 mechanism(s) added to libsoftokn,
   implementation of the new cipher suites added to libSSL.
   SSL test programs enhanced to test the new cipher suites.
   SSL test scripts enhanced to test the new cipher suites.

All the new code must be licensed with Mozilla's public "tri license".

I suggest that you start by filing a bug in bugzilla.mozilla.org,
product: NSS, component: libraries, severity: enhancement.
You can attach your patch(es) there.  We can discuss them there.
Please make all patches as unified CVS diffs against the trunk of NSS's
CVS tree.  e.g. the output of "cvs -q diff -Npu"

Thanks.  And welcome to the NSS project.