Let me see if I'm understanding this correctly.

The previous setup we had, that was largely considered a disaster, also had JSContexts on different threads. The big difference here is that the zone groups do not need to share data for the most part. So we don't need the fine-grained locking like we used to have. We can keep the vast majority of shared data on the JSRuntime, so it is clear what can be shared. And call stacks should never have more than one zone group, plus the system zone group. Is that all correct?

Where is this not true? As in, where are the expected hard parts?

How does the system zone group work? What happens in cases where you do want to do things across zone groups, eg memory accounting?