On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 5:54 AM <beccahug...@chromium.org> wrote:

> + Tab
>
> This focus of this launch is Display Cutout and we want to launch part of
> CSS env() to provide backwards compatability in terms of what Safari has
> already shipped for the iPhone X.

As others have mentioned, proper wpt tests is a requirement here. That will
make you discover short-comings in the spec as well as interop with Safari.

The full spec for CSS env() has a lot more functionality that is still
> being worked out and that is out of scope for this 'lite' launch of env().

In terms of a list of all the variable names there is an issue here that is
> working on defining a list:
> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2630

The CSSWG resolved on four values and edits to be made to CSS Variables
Level 2[1]. Do we have a resolution overriding that to put it in a separate
spec?

I would not be comfortable shipping this without having these four values
put in a spec with a description of what they are.

[1]https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1693#issuecomment-330909067

--
Rune Lillesveen