I'm generally not a fan of the way some standard Java things have been
reinvented in Hadoop. I've always seen JSSE SSL config as system
properties, optionally stored in a properties file. Even if Hadoop is
using an XML-based configuration for this purpose, I'd still steer
clear of it, for this reason.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii