On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Joey Echeverria <j...@cloudera.com> wrote:

> I generally prefer properties files to XML, but there may be a argument
> for reusing Hadoop's SSL configuration system which is XML based.

I also prefer prefer properties files over XML.   The only reason I can
think that we might want to use XML is for consistency with Hadoop and
Accumulo server side config.  But it does not seem like a very compelling
reason, its not like it prop files are hard to use once you realize you
need to use them.