Accumulo Developers,

We're trying to boost throughput of non-Java tools with Accumulo.  It seems
that the lowest hanging fruit is to stop using the thrift proxy. Per discussion
about Python and thrift proxy in the users list [1], I'm wondering if anyone is
interested in helping with a native C++ client?  There is a start on one here
[2]. We could offer a bounty or maybe make a consulting project depending who
is interested in it.

We also looked at trying to run a separate thrift proxy for every worker thread
or process.  With many cores on a box, eg 32, it just doesn't seem practical to
run that many proxies, even if they all run on a single JVM. We'd be glad to
hear ideas on that front too.

A potentially big benefit of making a proper C++ accumulo client is that it is
straightforward to expose native interfaces in Python (via pyObject), Go [3],
Ruby [4], and other languages.

Thanks for any advice, pointers, interest.

John

1-- http://www.mail-archive.com/user@accumulo.apache.org/msg03999.html

2--
https://github.com/phrocker/apeirogon