Yeah the reason ask about having the community support it is because the
thrift interfaces are all internal workings, thus, code other than the
client API should probably be maintained internally. This will add a slight
overhead to development and maintenance of these thrift services because
more implementations will now need to be kept up to date and modified when
changes need to be implemented.

Not saying it should be a showstopper, just pointing it out.