My plans for ActiveMQ? Continue to support the current user base. Art's I don't know, ask him. I will point out, however that me and Art are presenting at ApacheCon on ActiveMQ in less than a month.

The ActiveMQ community has a long history of abuses from one particular vendor and lack of diversity. Until very recently, there were only 2 pmc votes coming from outside a particular vendor. That was a concern for many on this thread.

HornetQ is considered a replacement of ActiveMQ code base, that it clear from this thread. My concerns are the following:
1. a future activemq 6 for the current code base becomes impossible;
2. there is confusion created in the users community about the future of activemq (should they invest in the current activemq? should they wait? ) 3. this is the second attempt after Apollo (and don't get me wrong, I understand the technical merits and I consider some of the authors good friends) 4. the way things look for activemq6, there will be *absolutely no diversity* and it will be a one vendor show. 5. hornetq being in activemq creates the illusion of diversity where there is none; in the incubator, the project will need to work on it. This is, btw, my biggest issue.

Then you probably agree with Dan on the eulogy part as well. For these reasons, and the length, the tone and passion around this topic, I am making it my duty to take this issue to the board and ask for advice. It is crystal clear that the activemq community will not be able to reach consensus.

Best,
Hadrian