On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 12:28 PM, Guillaume Nodet <gno...@apache.org> wrote:
> My understanding is the following:
>  * the use of "HornetQ" in all the conversations so far were referring to
> the "HornetQ code donation to the Apache ActiveMQ project".
>  * the HornetQ trademarks were not transferred to the ASF
>  * the "HornetQ" references in the donation have been removed in the git
> repository (for example all packages have been renamed to
> org.apache.activemq afaik)
>
> So the term "HornetQ code" is slightly abusive, as it's not hornetq anymore,
> it has been rebranded as activemq code.
> So pointing to RedHat for abusive trademarks use or violation simply does
> not make any sense to me.
> So I don't see that there is anything to fix, but clarifying how the code
> currently located in the activemq6 git repository  will be named, either
> activemq6 or something else, which can't be Apache HornetQ at this point.

I am not concerned if RHT wants to keep the HornetQ product, branding,
and trademark. That's perfectly within their right to do so. It
appears the renaming and other steps effectively mitigate most
concerns.
I am concerned that there was a donation of code and a plan to make
the communities a single community, all while it seems that the
HornetQ open source project and community are continuing to develop
that same codebase and community external to the ASF as well as inside
the ASF (often by the same people working in both communities.)

--David