See Guillaume, it is precisely this attitude that created the problem in the first place.

One of the first things developers learn in the incubator is that it's not their project any longer, it's an ASF project. And the ASF has some very clear values, backed by years of experience. One of them is diversity.

You are saying that those who made the initial contribution, wrote 90% of the code, they know better and should be trusted whenever they feel like it to replace the project with another one, because, well, the current one "will soon be abandoned for lack of committers". Never mind that the current PMC never bothered to bring in committers with interests different than theirs and is constantly trying to control vs grow the community. What you are saying is that you already decided to move to the new one, hornetq, you just want to keep the brand.

I am looking forward to having a chat at apachecon next week with the HornetQ folks who will show up (if they want to) and expose a side of the ASF they were not introduced to at the Fuse water cooler. (There are awesome ASFers at RH, I bet they were not consulted.) Hopefully they will understand why my proposal is meant to make them successful, in the same way that my initial proposal for the project rename was intended to give the hornetq community time to mature. I hope to have a (positive) influence on their understanding of the situation.

Best,
Hadrian