Chris,

Calm down…

*At this point* I don’t see any reason for include trademarks@ in this.   Once
we have some ideas to present to trademarks@, then yes.  We definitely need to
include them and make sure whatever we select is acceptable.

Are we supposed to just send a note that says something like:

"We are trying to come up with a code name for some development efforts we are
working on.  We have no idea what we’re going to call it yet as we’ve just
started discussing possible names.  Just letting you know!”

That seems like a waste of time for the trademarks@ folks.   Once we’ve
discussed things here and and decided on a name or possible sets of names we
feel are suitable, then sure.  We’d log an issue at PODLINGNAMESEARCH and send
a note to trademarks@ and make sure it’s OK prior to making it final.

That said, since what we are talking about is a code name and not a name of a
“Project”, it SHOULD be easier (but again, we’ll verify with trademarks@ when
we’ve decided on a name).   The name should always be referred to as “Apache
ActiveMQ-BLAH” and never “Apache BLAH” or just “BLAH”.  The exception would be
the normal dev chatter on our dev list.  This is just like the Apache
ActiveMQ-NMS and Apache ActiveMQ-CMS we have now.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dk...@apache.org - http://dankulp.com/blog