> So, let's discuss the technical merits on moving the repository to Git.

It is weird to me to discuss the benefits of git. It's been a no
brainer for me for some time already. But a few I strongly believe:

- It is a better tool to accept contributions, with a better workflow.
git by itself has the hability of accepting pull requests. Github goes
a step further and makes this workflow even better.

- I was working offline earlier today without internet. moving along
several branches and committs without requiring any connectivity :)
that is a nice feature.

- Most devs are used to git these days. For those who are not, they
can use svngit mirrors.. etc...

So, I would like to just say.. +1 on doing a migration.. anyone
opposing could give us a technical reason (I don't really believe
there would be any).