> Yes, I think a Vote is a good idea.  Makes it very clear, and follows
> established Apache process, and gives a definite cut-off point.

Ok, but so far you are the only one to be convinced.

> Does that duplicate the entire Git repository? It kind of looks like it
> does.

Git is very light. it is not really an issue. We do it all the time on
many different projects.

As a matter of fact.. I constantly switch branches between 1.x and
master all the time on artemis. People do it on ActiveMQ5. If that was
a good technical reason we would need to switch back to SVN on Artemis
and ActiveMQ.. I don't think anyone would really aprove that.

However, I'm not sure if you are talking about the many directories as
part of the repo.

We would likely have these sub-directories as part of the git repo:

Apache.NMS/
Apache.NMS.AMQP/
Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ/
Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.Openwire.Generator/
Apache.NMS.EMS/
Apache.NMS.MQTT/
Apache.NMS.MSMQ/
Apache.NMS.Pooled/
Apache.NMS.Stomp/
Apache.NMS.WCF/
Apache.NMS.XMS/
Apache.NMS.ZMQ/

Just like you do when you check-out activemq5 or artemis with all the
modules available.

>> > repository auto-generated sequential number.  Does anyone have any
>> > suggestions on how to accomplish a similar reproducible build using Git?
>> >

>> you don't need really need that, you can use the Hash as the version
>> ID if you require the git.
>>
>> You just increment the version as everybody else does.
>>

> I thought everyone else used the Subversion number the way I do. I manually
> number automatically. It is not possible to embed a hash number into a
> build number, so I'm not clear on what you are suggesting.

You can just tag when you make a release. It's not really an issue.