Point taken.  We should improve the migration doc the best we can.

If we make this a blocking/mandatory task before a 6 release, would you
consider changing your vote to +1. (I would add this remark to the closing
vote and would add a blocking/mandatory JIRA so it wouldn’t be released
without working on it)

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 5:17 AM Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [0] - without a clear migration path and tooling to assist existing users
> moving from ActiveMQ 5 to Artemis, we risk abandoning those  users - who
> may then be forced to look at alternatives and abandon ActiveMQ all
> together. This could be counter productive to the original intent.
>

> > On 4 Dec 2017, at 20:32, Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Following on from the discussion, "[DISCUSS] Confusion surrounding the
> > ActiveMQ project roadmap"
> >
> > linked here for convenience :
> > -
> http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/DISCUSS-Confusion-surrounding-the-ActiveMQ-project-roadmap-td4732935.html
> > -
> http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Re-DISCUSS-Confusion-surrounding-the-ActiveMQ-project-roadmap-td4733148.html
> >

> > I would like to propose a vote on ActiveMQ Artemis mainline becoming
> ActiveMQ 6.
> >
> > [+1] -  agree
> > [-1] . - disagree and provide some reason
> > [0] - neutral but go ahead
> >
> > This vote will be open until Thursday, Dec 07 by the end of the day.
> >
> > Here is my +1 (PMC) vote.
>
> --
Clebert Suconic