Github user qihongxu commented on the issue:

    @michaelandrepearce
    > @qihongxu you're using JMS api not core api then?

    Yes (sometimes for for compatibility concern)

    > @qihongxu i dont see checkDepage using the dirtyRead in current commit

    Sorry I probably did not make it clear enough in my last comment. As the
chart shows we tried checkDepage using the dirtyRead, but found it makes no
difference in perf. We even changed isPaging() method in PageSubscriptionImpl
from `return pageStore.isPaging();` to `return pageStore.isPagingDirtyRead();`.
In this way not only checkDepage, but also other methods that call
PageSubscription.isPaging() (as @franz1981 shown in flame charts above) will
all use dirtyRead. But still, same perf as before.
    From all above we thought it's safer to leave others unchanged, only force
CursorIterator:hasNext to use dirtyRead since it affects perf a lot. My latest
RP is based on these concerns.

---