This has now been actioned, the snapshots repo was just cleared.

Also, in discussion a useful bit of info to know about the
repository.apache.org Nexus UI came up:
The Snapshots 'group' repository (the first one, in bold, in the
repository list) navigation tree offers the ability to delete
individual artifacts once you have fully expanded them. But..

The distinct Snapshots 'hosted' repository (the second one, further
down the repository list) navigation tree, actually offers the ability
to right click on directories in the tree and delete them rather than
having to expand individual artifact entries within them.