I read through Justin's document up to the section "Why Use GitHub
Issues?" and have questions.

When users want Jira access, do they use an Apache account, or can it
be any account?  Or are we just creating jira-specific accounts for
these users?  Do they have / need-to-have an ICLA signed and on-file?

It seems to me the real issue at heart here is avoiding spam, and
using authenticated users as a means to that end.  So, I'm trying to
understand whether that's feasible with Apache Jira.

Art

P.S. Nice write-up Justin - thank you!