Hi Saurav,

> On Jun 7, 2023, at 10:34 AM, saurav kumar jha <imsauravgaurav...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Marcus,
> Thanks for the help!
> 1. Applying database migrations worked as you said to look at running
> containers using docker ps  I observed that the name of the container was
> containers_db_1 and not containers-db-1 as shown in documentation here. I
> think we can update it in documentation.

What version of docker-compose are you using? v2 names containers with hyphens
whereas v1 uses underscores. I suspect you are using version 1 of docker
compose. I would recommend version 2.

We should then update the documentation to clarify either way.

> 2. Fixing 1 fixed the second one as you said. but there is another exception
> related to expcatalog database:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to
> post-initialize the expcatalog database
>         at
> org.apache.airavata.registry.core.utils.ExpCatalogDBInitConfig.postInit(ExpCatalogDBInitConfig.java:81)
>         at
> org.apache.airavata.common.utils.DBInitializer.initializeDB(DBInitializer.java:46)
>         at
> org.apache.airavata.registry.api.service.RegistryAPIServer.StartRegistryServer(RegistryAPIServer.java:69)
>         at
> org.apache.airavata.registry.api.service.RegistryAPIServer.start(RegistryAPIServer.java:151)
>         at
> org.apache.airavata.ide.integration.APIServerStarter.main(APIServerStarter.java:23)
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to get EntityManager
>         at
> org.apache.airavata.registry.core.repositories.AbstractRepository.execute(AbstractRepository.java:137)
>         at
> org.apache.airavata.registry.core.repositories.AbstractRepository.get(AbstractRepository.java:75)
>         at
> org.apache.airavata.registry.core.repositories.AbstractRepository.isExists(AbstractRepository.java:113)
>         at
> org.apache.airavata.registry.core.repositories.expcatalog.GatewayRepository.isGatewayExist(GatewayRepository.java:99)
>         at
> org.apache.airavata.registry.core.utils.ExpCatalogDBInitConfig.postInit(ExpCatalogDBInitConfig.java:62)
>         ... 4 more
> Caused by: <openjpa-3.1.0-rafcec21a1d489dff682a3ce7986fac6a1c80e8e0 nonfatal
> user error> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException: This
> configuration disallows runtime optimization, but the following listed types
> were not enhanced at build time or at class load time with a javaagent: "

You need to run `mvn clean install -DskipTests` first as described in the
README which will instrument the openjpa entities. You pretty much always have
to rerun the build before starting the API server.

> 3. I copied the django_airavata/settings_local.py.ide to my settings_local.py
> file and still the issue exists. I have attached the settings_local.py file
> with this email.

Yeah, your settings_local.py file looks fine. Do you have airavata.host in your
/etc/hosts?

Thanks,

Marcus