I'm generally in favor of this idea. Several people on my team have been
confused by the different date options and their meaning.

For the dates, I think we should switch to providing alternate
representations of dates exclusively via Jinja filters. So instead of
"next_execution_date", you'd use "execution_date | delta(1)" or whatever.
We have some operators that do this internally and it's generally much
clearer to read.

For inlets/outlets, surely these should be toggled by a config option as to
whether you're using the lineage features, rather than removed wholesale?
They're still in development, so it makes sense they'd be unused; but it
would be annoying to have to patch Airflow to access the variables.