I agree with Max here, we should be careful.

Regarding the yesterday_ds, yesterday_ds_nodash, tomorrow_ds,
tomorrow_ds_nodash. I'm not against having better readable shorthands, but
more about the fact that having a tomorrow_ds doesn't make sense when we
have an hourly (or weekly) job.

I'm against guarding the {in,out}lets. Since the guarding will add extra
logic, and this is not worth the added complexity (and another flag) in my
opinion.

- We start by putting deprecation warnings on tables, latest_date, end_date
and END_DATE and remove them in Airflow 2.0.

This is only possible if there is another version before 2.0. Currently,
we're preparing to move to 2.0

- We add a lineage_enabled config which is false by default and thus
inlets/outlets aren’t provided, unless set to true.

I'm against guarding the {in,out}lets. Since the guarding will add extra
logic, and this is not worth the added complexity (and another flag) in my
opinion.

- We continue discussion about clarification of execution_date and better
named variables such as something_start and something_end

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/31423aa7feba421c53356a1e566f777c7a7973966c3320611286a2fb@%3Cdev.airflow.apache.org%3E

Cheers, Fokko