+1 on deprecating the contrib folder.

Bolk de Bruin the reason the core hooks and operators are properly
tested because, for example I added some more tests to it and I am
"only" a contributor.

So do you really want to split up contributors work and core committers
work? I personally think this is not the right way to go.

It is true that the contrib hooks and operators have not the same level
of code quality but we can do something about it. I am trying to improve
our test coverage overall and add missing tests.

I don't think an extra step is needed here where we first move properly
tested ones into the core package and then moving new ones from time to
time into it. Wouldn't that mean that we think the code quality of
"contrib" (contributor) in general is worse than the code quality of
committers? Every new contributor who comes along this project would
think that, wouldn't he?

-feluelle