Thanks everyone for participating in the discussion! I see there is a
consensus among the community on this regard, therefore we will move
forward with the process.

Next step is to get IP clearance as described here [1]. This step is done
by the receiving PMC, and @Jakob Homan <jgho...@gmail.com> has agreed to
help. Thank you!

I am closing this thread now, and Jakob will start a new one when it is
time to vote.

Thanks everyone,
Aizhamal

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html