Thanks Bolke. For those that are not aware, my team is working with Bolke's
team on Amundsen which is a data discovery and metadata project(
https://github.com/lyft/amundsen) . I think although it ships with Atlas
client(or it used to be), the new API per my understanding is generic
enough that doesn't tight with atlas. E.g we(Lyft) could build a neo4j /
Amundsen client in our Airflow fork to ingest the lineage info in a push
fashion to build the lineage.

Amundsen itself has put up the effort to integrate Airflow with the
tool(connect which DAG/task produces the data set etc). With this change, I
foresee it will help to provide more enriched metadata.

Thanks,
-Tao