Hello Everyone,

I have been approached by Packt Publishing <https://www.packtpub.com/>
about writing a book about Apache Airflow. I discussed it with a few people
involved in Airflow development (including Bas as he is finishing the
Manning Book).

I thought this might be a great idea not to repeat what Bas wrote, but
maybe we could write a book focusing on new Airflow 2.0 features -
especially that expected publication time is around 5-6 months from now.
Which will be appropriate timing for Airflow 2.0 release to settle and
possibly to start getting traction. And I think it might be one of the
important factors in faster adoption of Airflow 2.0

The idea would be to write about:
- functional dag writing
- high availability
- migrating to Airflow 2.0 (including backport packages)
- airflow 2.0 APIs
- autoscalability, using prod image, helm chart etc.
- .... other :)

I spoke to Bas and he told me those things (most of it I kind-of expected):

- writing a book is a hard one
- direct profits are nowhere near the money you can get in your day job
- it takes much more time than you expect
- the biggest benefit you can get is to have your name on it.
- Bas is perfectly ok with other people writing the book and thinks it's a
good idea ("the more the better!")

I think writing such book by one person is quite an effort indeed, but - as
we already saw from the "What's coming in Airflow 2.0" NYC meetup
presentation - if we involve more people who work in concert (or I'd say
orchestration ;) ) that might be much more doable. Especially that Packt
offered coordination of the efforts with all the people who'd participate.

So I wanted to see if there is enough interested people who are active in
the Airflow community and would like to participate in writing the book. Of
course,  that means that we would have to all share the profits (but I am
perfectly OK).

If you are at all interested - please head to a new channel I created in
slack https://apache-airflow.slack.com/archives/C014SM7QB1A
("book_airflow-2_0"). I would like to discuss there potential chapters and
people who would like to take on writing those.

Looking forward to getting the involvement of the active community members!

Jarek Potiuk

M: +48 660 796 129 <+48660796129>