Interesting points, reminds me of this thread:
https://github.com/semver/semver/issues/411#issuecomment-347050750 😄

Some comments / suggestions from the commenters on that post which I find
interesting (both of which support one or the other option we are
discussing).

1)
Use BREAKING.FEATURE.PATCH instead of MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH.

2)
To me, a MAJOR version bump means "either I broke something or I really
want you to pay attention."

Regards,
Kaxil