On Wed, 18 May 2022 at 17:18, Ash Berlin-Taylor <a...@apache.org> wrote:
> Start date also makes sense for a cron-based dag with catch-up too though...

True.

So,

1. A timedelta without a `start_date` is not wrong, but it'll use
midnight as the reference time (I think this is better than "date
first added" because that could be 12:34:56 or some other random
deployment time).
2. If you need another reference time, for example daily at 4pm, use a
cron-based timetable (which we're also likely to extend soonish to
allow composability, i.e. AND, OR, NOT).
3. Catch-up fills in missing DAG runs starting with `start_date` or
(if unset) the earliest scheduled/automated DAG run, i.e. the
effective `start_date`.