> I think in the case of Qubole it is pretty easy to remove it from the
provider codebase. I'm pretty sure that almost no one even noticed this
removal.

Yeah. Agree. This one is pretty "obvious" that's why I would like to create
a process for doing it along the way so that in the future if we have other
non-obvious cases we can just "follow the process".

BTW.That would be really great to have as with it, we will have a complete
"life-cycle" of the providers.

* we know how we approve the new ones
* we know how we release new versions (Elad is amazing to release them
every few weeks)
* we know how we maintain back-compatibility (bumping min-version of
Airflow that we regularly do )
* we know how to involve stakeholders to system-test them and to make them
work in a stable way when they connect to external services (Amazon works,
Google in Progres, Open API and others promised by Astronomer)
* we know how to involve stakeholders with mixed-governance in case they
want older releases (never happened yet but we know how to do it)
* we know how to suspend and resume them when they prove to be problematic
and pass resolution of that to external stakeholders (happened with Yandex
- both suspend and resume)
* we (will finally) know how to retire them when we decide we do not want
to maintain them - except security fixes - any more

That will pretty much complete our process of "life-cycle" management for
providers.

J.