Oh yes. They (or at least one maintainer and looks like quite a few
reacting people) are empathising with us and have no objections for removal
so far, and seem to be grateful for the time I spent explaining what we are
planning and why. I think it also shows it's been worth doing it, if only
to keep good karma and relationships.

I strongly believe in transparency and being candid about things like that.
We might think that people will object but since we have good reasons for
removal and we spent time on discussing and showing that, and we have stats
backing up our data I think it's no brainer also for their community.

I will wait until week passes and will start removal vote - unless
something new comes up.

J.